Excitingly, the band and I have decided to try and release an EP in May! We're going to play Alberta St. Pub here in Portland on May 30th, so the album must be finished by then. It will be 5 songs - 4 brand new and 1 that was recorded many years ago that we're bringing back.Read More
CDs are going out this week to about a dozen states in the US and 4 different countries! If you were a Kickstarter backer with a CD reward, expect yours in the mail soon. If you weren't, CDs will go on sale on this website within a few weeks!
There is nothing like seeing your CD for the first time when it comes in the mail. I've been jumping around the house and yelling all afternoon!
This year is the 25th Anniversary of Paul Simon's Graceland album, probably my favorite album of all-time thus far in my life, and I heard for the first time when I was very young, probably before I could walk.Read More
Hey wonderful people! Happy Happy Holidays! Today I am at my grandma's celebrating Christmas, but Annie and I brought our menorah so we'll be celebrating the 6th night of Chanukah tonight.
We've rushed to put together a little album for you guys, and I'm happy to announce today that we have released it into the world! Click here to download it and listen to The New Year 2012.
It features 3 originals and 1 cover - a newer song and three songs that I've meant to record for a long time. I've released it as a pay-what-you-will, but please feel free to enter $0.00 when you download it, its my holiday present to you!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday, and that 2012 will be a wonderful year for us all.
It makes us musicians very happy when someone likes our music. It makes us REALLY happy when a music enthusiast who has written thousands of reviews purchases, listens to, and writes a great review of our music! Thanks so much to Lee Armstrong for this great review.Read More
So a few days ago, I was messing around in my "studio" and jammed on this song. I actually came up with the original verse when I was studying in the Dominican Republic, and having no laptop available, I recorded it on my phone.Read More
The Bash is almost here! I'm playing, along with two trombones, a drummer, and a singer, at the Crystal Ballroom. L&C Students: This is the last week to pick up Bash tickets! Please come celebrate the inauguration of President Berry Glassner a la Fall Ball style at the Crystal Ballroom this Friday evening, April 8th from 8pm-2am.
Not an L&C Student? Email me and we'll get you there. Every student is allowed to bring a friend.
I go on at 8:30pm, so get there when it starts to hear all the music!
Enjoy your very own L&C student musicians Faster than Radio, The Dancing Hats, and Jonah Luke as they perform live on the Crystal's stage, proceeded by a DJed dance, Karaoke in Lola's room, as well as buffet style McMenamin's food, and bussing transportation to and from school.
Admission is free of charge. Look for Campus Activities Board members outside JR Howard from 9-11am out outside Fields Dining Hall from 5-7pm to pick up your ticket!
I've just released a small album of 4 songs to keep you entertained during these cold winter months! The Holidays 2010 includes:
- The Ballad of Patrick Higgins
- Hard Time Come Again No More
You can go to my online store and download the album, pay what you want for it (consider it my holiday gift to you!). You can also buy holiday cards with my beautiful face on them and my ornate handwriting inside with download codes for the album, they ship to your doorstep and make great gifts.
I just arrived to Chicago yesterday, and it is much colder than back in Portland but man is it a winter wonderland. I hope your holidays and New Year are filled with joy.
Hey there beautiful people, You may be wondering what I have been doing these last few months. I released an EP at the end of August, I had a great release show with Chris Robley and The Fear of Heights, played a few shows here and there, and then disappeared. Well I will have you know that I have been hard at work at my penultimate semester of college. However, I do have a nice surprise for you though!
Soon I will be releasing a few songs on an album called The Holidays 2010. They will make great gifts, stocking stuffers, and egg-nog coasters.
Here's what will be on it:
- The Ballad of Patrick Higgins. A new song I wrote this semester, it tells about the untimely death of a man and more. If you haven't heard of it, I'm sure you're going to like it.
- Eurydice. An old song I just never got around to recording, although it has been popular at L&C shows. Its a song I wrote for a 2009 production of Sarah Ruhl's play Eurydice in which I played Orpheus.
- Silences. This is a love song I recorded and released this summer, and it fits nicely in with the rest so I thought I'd release it again.
- Hard Times Come Again No More. A folk song written by Stephen C. Foster in 1854, it still has a lot of meaning in this economic recession.
I will be selling a limited number of holiday cards with special custom handwritten notes and download codes for the album for $6. They will be mailed right to your doorstep and will make great gifts or stocking stuffers. There will also be an option to get the holiday card with the custom note and download codes for the Holiday album and my debut EP for $10. The album will also be available for immediate download for 4 dolladollabills from my website.
So keep a lookout for this album in the next coming weeks and days. And happy winter!!
On August 28th, I released my debut album, the I Don't Need You To Know EP! You can buy the album on the internet as a CD that ships to your doorstep ($8) or as a digital album that downloads immediately and has some kick-awesome bonus material ($6). Just go to jonahluke.com/ep. I will also be selling hard copies at my shows.
Here's the lineup:
- I Don't Need You To Know. This is an old favorite, so you might have heard it before. But this NEW version for the EP has a new vocal track, and its remixed. Also, it has been mastered for the first time.
- Force A Smile. This one has been released previously, but this EP version has been remixed and mastered.
- Something Left To Do Here. A brand-new song I wrote while I was in the Dominican Republic.
- Almost Gone. Also new. You're going to like this one a lot, I just know it.
- Flown This Far. Very new. Wrote it this summer.
- New York Is Calling. Another new song! So many new songs to hear!
I hope you enjoy this new album, and cherish those last moments of summer before school starts up again.